Quick and easy way to cook ground turkey and vegetables. As a standalone recipe, this is low carb friendly and potentially keto & paleo friendly too. In any case, the recipe is super simple by design, as it allows for flexibility in serving, add it to any other side dish, incorporate it into sauces. If you double the quantity, it can serve as a good prepared meal for the next couple of days.
The best part about the recipe is that you can change every ingredient. Sub out ground turkey for beef, bison or chicken. Sub out any of the vegetables for any other vegetables of your choice: tomatoes, olives, fennel, celery, carrots.
- 1lb Ground Turkey 93% Lean
- 2/3 Red Onion
- 5 cloves Garlic
- 1 Jalapeno (seeds removed)
- 1 Spring Onion
- 1 Bell Pepper
- Soften roughly chopped onion over medium low heat.
- Add in garlic once onions are soft, saute for 5 minutes
- Add in ground turkey, break up meat thoroughly to prevent raw pieces
- Turn the heat up to medium high
- Once turkey is mostly cooked, add in roughly chopped bell pepper & finely chopped jalapeno
- Add in seasonings of choice
- Cook until liquid from meat has evaporated.
- Turn off heat and add in spring onions.
Serves approximately 2 people with a side dish of choice (rice, bread, pasta, potato) or 1 person without any side dish.
1lb of Ground turkey contains approximately:
Calories: 640 cals
1/2 tablespoon of olive oil contains approximately:
Calories: 60 cals
Vegetables are healthy… so eat a lot of them…